I haven’t been blogging for few days (ok make that for a month!!) but here I am now! I’m back! 🙂 I’m not going to write a long account in paragraphs of what has been going on so far, instead, I’m just going to dump few random things in this post that would hopefully give you some idea. So here we go…
– Some white dude greeting me with a smile while I was walking down the streets. Oh what the hell, I said Konichiwa back to him lol.
“The only good thing about London is getting out of it”
– Some elderly Taxi Driver at Canterbury who also turned out to be one of the owners of the Taxi service itself.
“Get the fucking the books. Or even better just photocopy it. Just pretend that you didn’t hear that from me”
-A lecturer who looked like Moby (there’s another one who looked like Bill Gates)
– I’m probably the only one who says “thank you” instead of cheers around here.
“Sorry housemates, I was really drunk last night. I will clean this in the morning”
– A note posted on the door of one of the bathrooms (good thing there’s three bathrooms). Btw, he never cleaned it LOL the cleaner did.
Friend: Basar jua susu atu
Me: Kan tekluar bah
Friend: Sini susu2 saja bah Baie
– A conversation we had in malay while passing a voluptuous woman. We said it out loud and nobody understands it. Of course we didn’t stare coz that would be obvious.
“Urang Brunai kah tu?”
– a phrase we always say whenever we see:
a) dark skinned person b) a girl wearing ‘tudong be-design2’ c) Mua urang brunai lah
Random dude: Are you Malaysian?
Us: No, we’re Bruneians
Random dude: oooo……*short nod*
*Silence* Random dude stare somewhere else
Us: Are you Malaysian?
Random dude: No, I’m Bruneian
Us: OOooooOOO [*thinking* mcm nada bah urang ani]
– Us meeting one Bruneian (there’s a whole bunch of them in Canterbury)
– me randomly saying a Malay Bruneian word when talking to an Italian girl
“bah apa karang malam? Crash? Crash rumah urang”
– The phrase we always say when we’re bored (almost every night in the first few weeks). Usual target? The UBDians
“Salnviger?” (Salt & Vinegar?), “minus?” (Mayonnaise?)
– Barely audible staff at the local Kebab shop (really funny cool guys though)
“GOLIMAR!! KILLA KILAR KILLAR!”
– nuff said
Random Lessons we learned
– Shopping is fun…..until you multiply the amount by three. 20 pounds kau blanja? Duit brunei brapa tu? Hehe
– Making lots of friends is nice….until they nominate you for Society president and you don’t know shit!
– Taking a hot shower is great….until you step outside and remember that it’s below 10 degrees. Baik tah ku mcm urang putih inda mandi
– Asian night sounds fun….until you find out that it should’ve been called “South Asian” night.
– Going to a halal restaurant is a relief…..until you find out they also serve Bacon burger….ok that’s fine, the chicken is halal….until you find out that they cook in the same kitchen and stuff…tapi iya ckp halal kalau d tanya so…..di halal uleh ya, iya tanggung dusa
– Walking around campus at night can be boring…..until you meet some drunk ass white dude making a fool of themselves…just the right entertainment we need.
– Staring at hot girls is ok….until you almost accidentally hit a pole Sapa kan tegantuk tiang tu ah?! *coughsiSafcough*
– Buying stuff and cooking together is a good idea….until you find out only two know how to cook and the rest were hopeless
– It’s really easy to make fun of vegetarians…until you find out that she also has a black belt in karate
– Going to the library is a good idea….until you find out how big the library is and you don’t know where to start
– Baju lawa2….harganya LAGI TAH lawa2 Haha