I was waiting for the release of the Speed Racer trailer today (hence, the randomness of the previous post. While I was waiting I decided what the heck, let’s just post something to kill time) Now here it is http://movies.aol.com/movie/speed-racer-2008/28066/main.
I’m still trying to get it load…probably the AOL server is busy. Damn! But fear not…Cinematical.com to the rescue!! You can watch the trailer from their site. Go check it out.
Really cool trailer! My thoughts:
- The original anime tune in the beginning Hehe. I hope we’ll hear that in the movie intro. I was disappointed when the classic Transformers theme was absent from the live action movie. The least Michael Bay could do was just put it during the Main title scene.
- Ok, it kinda reminds me of Spy Kids 3D. It’s suppose to be a family movie anyway.
- “From the Creators of the Matrix Trilogy”… I can see average moviegoers going w00t! over that. Or here in Brunei, those average teenage moviegoers would go like “Gila!! Siuk ni eh! Anu dari urang buat Matrix!“
- “..is like a religion” – haha
- hmm…the manager….is that the propaganda guy from V for Vendetta?
- John Goodman as Speed’s dad. Perfect
- Crazy Kung Fu action
- That’s Rain!! The Korean Superstar! I remember him from that Korean Drama ‘Full House’ Haha..Looks like he’s one of the bad guys
- With everything else CGI, I’m glad they’re using real monkeys.
- I like Matthew Fox as Racer X at the end. “.. if they don’t destroy him first“
Hurtling down the track, careening around, over and through the competition, Speed Racer (Emile Hirsch) is a natural behind the wheel. Born to race cars, Speed is aggressive, instinctive and, most of all, fearless. His only real competition is the memory of the brother he idolized—the legendary Rex Racer—whose death in a race has left behind a legacy that Speed is driven to fulfill.Speed is loyal to the family racing business, led by his father, Pops Racer (John Goodman), the designer of Speed’s thundering Mach 5. When Speed turns down a lucrative and tempting offer from Royalton Industries, he not only infuriates the company’s maniacal owner (Roger Allam) but uncovers a terrible secret—some of the biggest races are being fixed by a handful of ruthless moguls who manipulate the top drivers to boost profits. If Speed won’t drive for Royalton, Royalton will see to it that the Mach 5 never crosses another finish line.
The only way for Speed to save his family’s business and the sport he loves is to beat Royalton at his own game. With the support of his family and his loyal girlfriend, Trixie (Christina Ricci), Speed teams with his one-time rival—the mysterious Racer X (Matthew Fox)—to win the race that had taken his brother’s life: the death-defying, cross-country rally known as The Crucible.
Based on the classic series created by anime pioneer Tatsuo Yoshida, the live-action “Speed Racer” will showcase the kind of revolutionary visual effects and cutting-edge storytelling that have become the benchmarks of the Wachowski brothers’ films.
Here’s some new images from the upcoming movie. Enjoy
Emily Hirsch as Speed Racer
Christina Ricci as Trixie, Speed’s Girlfriend
John Goodman & Susan Sarandon as Speed’s Parents
Speed and Racer X (Matthew Fox) confronts another racer (Ji Hoon Jung aka Rain)
Speed Racer: Release Date – May 9, 2008